Welcome to K40.se
Here you can find articles, DIY-guides and much more regarding the popular K40 or 3020 laser cutter engraver machine, how to solve common errors, make upgrades and fix your machine to a really good working laser cutter/engraver.
- How to prevent condensation on your K40 laser tube
- K40.se new lighter website and more languages.
- Rewire your K40 laser cutter machine
- Facts about the K40 laser cutter power supply
- How to convert your digital panel to analog
- How to use your laser machine inside your home
- How to upgrade your laser head
- How to fix K40 machine stops – fixes and issues
- How to troubleshoot no fire issue
- CW3000 cooler for lasers – Warning!
- Buyers guide to the Chinese K40 laser cutter
- Warning for new machine owners – grounding issues
- How to align your mirrors on K40 laser cutter machine
- How to set proper focus on your K40 laser
- K40D the upgrade project – part one
- Watercooling – a deep dive
- How to upgrade your K40 power supply
- How to troubleshoot a “no fire” issue
- How to install a mA-meter on your K40 laser
- How to upgrade your analog power knob
- K40 Whisperer – replacement software
- K40 laser cutter upgrades and improvements
- How it works: Exhaust in your laser machine
- How it works: The article series
- Mirror alignment – no more sweat and tears – Updated!
K40 laser cutter Frequently Asked Questions
What is the K40 laser machine?
The K40 or K3020 with other similar names are a small, desktop-sized Co2 laser made in China for very affordable price.
Where can i buy a K40 laser cutter engraver?
The K40 is avalible on most websites similar to Ebay, Aliexpress, Amazon and similar.
Is the K40 laser machine plug-and-play?
No, it needs attention and can be very dangerous to turn on without checking it over before starting to us. See our articles on setting up the K40.
Can the K40 be used in a business?
Sure, depending on volume and what you make you can upgrade and optimize it for business use. Check out our upgrade and articles to make your K40 laser better.
Is the K40 a safe machine?
Out of the box - NO. When you have fixed some electrical and other safety solutions it´s not more dangerous than your toaster. Read up on safety and how to use your K40 laser machine safely.
What material can the K40 cut?
Acrylic and plastics up to 4-6 millimeters, wood depending on type up to 6mm. It cannot cut metals of any kind.